Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy 2010!

Thanks to all of you who commented that you enjoy reading this blog. I'll keep blogging away just for you. :)

Last night, I rearranged the desks in my room big time. It was time for a change, so I put them together in two tables with two rows in each table facing each other. Make sense? Wish I could draw you a picture.

Anyway, when my kids walked in the room this morning this is the response I got:

"WOW! COOL! Who did this??? This is awesome!!!" Every single one of them couldn't wait to find their new seat and sit in it. I resisted the urge to tell them that the desk fairies came in the middle of the night and rearranged everything. I think it's so funny that most of my kids have absolutely no idea what I do for them after they go home for the day.

I loved that they were so excited about something so small. That's one of the best things about teaching. . . like the day when I wore a new lanyard to school and they complimented me on it all day long. Or the day when it started to rain and we could hear it on the roof and they all went crazy laughing and listening to the rain.

My kids find the joy in every little thing.

I should follow their example.

No comments:

Post a Comment